Saturday, November 7, 2009

Shutting Down the Fox News Channel and Our Freedom of Speech?

 So I know I'm a little late to comment on the matter, but this issue of potentially getting rid of a whole news channel kind of makes me nauseous.

So as everyone should know, during an appearance on Fox News, Democratic Party chairman Howard Dean said that Fox's news coverage has at times been "shockingly biased, and I think that's wrong and I just say so right up front."

The party Chairman also said he agreed with the netroots campaign to boycott the Democratic debates on the network.

Immediately after hearing this news my mind flashed back to the first Amendment, you know, the one about our freedom of speech? So what if a news station is a bit biased. They still report the facts while suggesting their opinion on the matter. It's impossible not to have an opinion.

And maybe I just think this way because I'm a blogger who is obviously extremely opinionated about everything as I'm aloud to be, but with so many options of news coverages, how else is each channel going to stand out?

Everyone pretty much covers the news at a relatively quick response within minutes of the break of a newsworthy story, but what makes people actually choose a specific source is now mainly the accuracy and the opinions provoked. And with the accuracy box checked on Fox News Channel, I believe they are allowed to voice their opinions on everything political. That's just the way I view the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.