Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Killed by Fresh Water Parasites

Check out Jazzed About Stuff for Updated Content!


This is sad to hear even though it's rare. The parasite, also known as the brain eating amoeba, enters through the nose, travels through the sinuses and infects the brain and cerebrospinal fluid. The parasite tends to grow in stagnant freshwater during high summer temperatures.

There are nose clips people can wear to reduce risk, but someone who doesn't want any risk needs to stay out of freshwater ponds and streams, especially those that are stagnant. Symptoms of this parasitic infection include fever, nausea, stiff neck and a frontal headache and should seek medical attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.