Check out Jazzed About Stuff for Updated Content!
- · Make sure they know why it’s important that they turn off the lights when leaving a room, both at home and at school (if they’re allowed to, of course).
- · Tell them to use both sides of the notebook paper whenever they can, and explain that in doing so they’re saving trees.
- · Instead of packing brown bag lunches, use a lunch box.
- · Avoid purchasing plastic silverware to pack in lunches. Whole Earth Packaging has spoons, forks and knives made of biodegradable corn material. You can also provide them with eco-friendly straws to use in their school lunches. They can share these fun tips with their friends.
- · Find out if the school has a recycling program. If they do, teach your child about the importance of recycling.
- · Always buy organic school supplies, or supplies that don’t have a lot of packaging. Teach your child to use the supplies until they’re not good anymore.
Teaching your child these few simple things can help save our planet, and will instill earth friendly values that will last a lifetime. You can find more renewable and sustainable products at WholeEarthPackaging.com, your number one source for eco-friendly products!